Bringing your movies together in one place.

So I thought I would share this amazing discovery I made last night. Maybe old news for some, but I thought it was fantastic and worth sharing. I did this on my Xbox One, but I imagine any console with a Vudu app can do this as well.

If you're a Disney, Marvel, Pixar, or (soon, anyway) Star Wars fan, hopefully you know about www.disneymoviesanywhere.com. It's Disney's latest attempt at creating a portable digital movie experience, and it's actually pretty great. You go to the website, login to your account and redeem your code for the digital copy directly on the website. From there you can watch it in the browser or via the apps for iOS and Android.

But wait, there's more!

You can also connect your Disney Movies Anywhere account with iTunes, Google Play, and Vudu. For me, this means I can download the iTunes copy and sync it to my iPad, rather than streaming it. For you, maybe it's an Android tablet or something.

But hold up, there's even more!

See, I like movies. A lot. I tend to purchase the Blu Ray discs when I like a movie, so my collection is rather large. And I like digital copies, because I can keep them all on my computer and not have to worry about digging out a disc. So I was kind of bummed to see the schism in Hollywood between iTunes and UltraViolet digital copies. Because it meant I'd have to switch apps or even devices should the support not be there.

And then I discovered that you can connect your UlraViolet account to Vudu.

So now I get to watch my movies - whether Disney or Ultraviolet - on my Xbox via the Vudu app.

Ok, so you don't get to have *all* of your digital copies in one place. Your iTunes movies only sync into Vudu if they're Disney. But those combined with UltraViolet makes up a not-insignificant portion of my collection, so I'm excited to be able to sort-of-merge these collections and watch them all on my Xbox.

Now if only I could find a way around Comcast's bandwidth cap....