A fun challenge for all

Hello folks. So, I am playing a variant of the Nuzlocke challenge and I felt like sharing it with you. I am going to put two different versions of how to play: a safe mode and a challenge mode. Let's get to business.

Wonder Trade Nuzlocke

To begin playing this challenge, you must capture 5 Pokemon (excluding the starter) and place them all in wonder trade. Which ever Pokemon you get back from the wonder trade is your established team. Due to the randomness of wonder trade, there will be some restrictions in place for this. Once you get your 6 new Pokemon, you are allowed to trade any one of your Pokemon you received from wonder trade. This trade must take place through the wonder trade system. Think of it as a redo. After receiving your 6 Pokemon, save the game and start your journey.

Now, as I said, wonder trade is completely random. That means you can receive any level of Pokemon. So, let's say that you receive a level 50 Pokemon right off the bat. You are not allowed to use that Pokemon in battle until you different the gym leader that will effectively let you use that Pokemon. There are permissions allowed on using that Pokemon and that is if all of your previous Pokemon before it have fainted and it is your last remaining Pokemon.

You are allowed to catch a seventh Pokemon (if you want to) and that Pokemon can be a Bidoof/Bibarel. The reason for that is it to be a HM/TM slave. The moves you can give to Bidoof/Bibarel are Waterfall, Strength, Cut, and Rock Smash. No other moves. Bidoof/Bibarel cannot be used in gym battles, so you must place the Pokemon in the PC before engaging at a gym.

The terms on game saves. You can only save the game in a Pokemon Center, before entering a forest/cave, and immediately after defeating a gym leader.

After defeating a gym leader, there is the option to trade off one of your Pokemon if you'd like. Again, this must be through the wonder trade system, so there is a gamble.

Safe Rules

Everything listed above are part of these rules. Since this for a safe Nuzlocke, if your Pokemon faint, you do not need to trade them off/release them. You must use your established team throughout the entirety of the game though.

Challenge Rules

If your Pokemon faints, you must submit that Pokemon to the wonder trade system and receive a new Pokemon.

I understand the challenge to Nuzlocke, as in if all your Pokemon faint you must start over, but I like progress. That is the reason why you cannot "lose" the game. You must simply start over again with new Pokemon.

I hope someone out there accepts this new challenge. I just thought of this challenge before I started playing Pokemon Y (I also own X), so I wanted to do it for fun. Have any of you played a Nuzlocke playthrough? Are you willing to try my rules?

Tell us what Pokemon you received!

I received:

Nidoran♂ Level 11

Aerodactyl Level 20

Marill Level 1

Caterpie Level 5

Heatmor Level 45

Sliggoo Level 48