Polynauts Central: (27/10 Archived)

1zcpuvs.jpg

Today's header image brought to you by shawnw.

Howdy friends! Another glorious day, another glorious Polynauts thread, for you wonderful people to talk about nonsense all day. This is my first official Polygon Polynauts Central thread, and I gotta tell you all... feels good :) I'm happy to see so many of you make the jump, and happy to see so many new faces round these here parts!

Now that I'm done being sentimental, I'm PaddyStardust, your weekend friend, so get to chatting!

Here are some Community focused regular topics.

POLYGON NEWS

screen_shot_2012-10-04_at_12.19.03_pm.0_standard_1500.0.png

1: Capcom wants your most cherished memories for Remember Me promotion by Megan Farokhmanesh

Remember Me is set in Neo-Paris, 2084, where memories can be stolen, traded and sold. Capcom is currently asking participants to send a photo memory and a brief description of what makes that moment so important. Selected at random, these images will then be incorporated into Remember Me's Memory Overload sequences, which take place after successfully completing one of the protagonist's signature attacks."

ipad_mini.0_standard_1500.0.png

2: Hotline Miami Review: American Psycho by Chris Plante

If murder simulation is a genre, Hotline Miami is its new exemplar. The top-down action game coerces its players to take life in the quickest, ugliest and most ironic ways. It's caustic. It's filthy. It's one of the best arguments against casual violence in video games. It's also one of the most important games this fall.

disgaea.0_standard_1500.0.jpg

3: How Drinkbox Studios' grit raised an indie developer and got Guacamelee funded by Dave Tach

In 2008, the game development studio arose from the remnants of Toronto-based developer Pseudo Interactive. When its final game lost funding, Pseudo laid off about 90 percent of its staff, and dismissed the remaining skeleton crew a few weeks later. Toronto's independent developer scene wasn't as vibrant then as it is today, and many former Pseudo employees fled Toronto for work elsewhere.

dear-esther-review-1.0_standard_1500.0.jpg

4: G4 cancels video game programming X-Play and Attack of the Show by Michael McWhertor

Together, the two shows have produced more than 3,000 episodes. Over the course of the next two months, X-Play and Attack of the Show will air a series of farewell episodes, TV Guide reports. Former show hosts and special guests will make appearances on the shows' reaming episodes. Both programs are slated to end their runs in December.

assassins-creed-3-launch-trailer_960.0_standard_1500.0.jpg

5: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U day-one downloadable in Japan, uses half deluxe model's memory by Alexa Ray Corriea

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Nintendo Wii U will be available as a downloadable title on the console's launch day in Japan, and will be cheaper than the game's physical retail version, according to a listing on the official Tekken website.

FROM THE FORUMS

1: Polynauts LIVE, this Sunday! by PaddyStardust

"This Sunday, 28th of October, its live podcast time! We'll be broadcasting live, discussing the Polygon launch, the months releases, and any other news we feel like talking about. If you have any suggestions for topics, wallop them down the bottom in the comments, and we shall be sure to take them into consideration!"

2: What is your favorite video game? Ever. by NintendoLegend

"Thread title says it all, I hope."

3: How do you Battlefield? Share your strategies! by Rio_GTi

"So despite being a veteran of the franchise, I'm ashamed to admit that I only got Battlefield 3 on PC a couple of weeks ago; and obviously - despite being killed more than ever, I'm still loving it! Now since I got it a year after release [I picked up the Premium version] a lot of players have already hit the high ranks and built up a lot of skill, so it's taken a bit of a learning curve to play with the big dogs! Still, where many would rage quit and throw out the controller, I've persevered and managed to find my niche once again."

4: Video Game Pet Peeves! by ProjectNatalie

"Unskippable cut scenes right after a checkpoint for a difficult boss/semi-boss battle. I remember playing ME1 where you climb this hill and they drop off one of those huge Geth colossus things and like 7 regular troops and you get two boxes to hide behind. Playing on Insanity that early in the game, almost everything was close to a one-three shots for a death depending on what you got hit by. I think its the mission where you rescue that-one-character-I’m-not-going-to-name-for-the-sake-of-those-who-haven’t-played-it-yet, actually. Right before you enter the underground part. Talk about frustrating."

POLYNAUTS COMMENT OF THE DAY:

S7u2a_medium

CoffeeJezus (13 Recommends) and my unending confusion

Every day there will only be one comment from the previous thread. It's decided based upon the most recommends an individual receives for their comment; should two people have the same rating then both comments will be posted.

Okay, there we have another day's worth of Polynews. Remember to sound off in the comments below and share any awesome news you find today. As always check out the @Polygon feed on Twitter to keep up to date. There's also our own @Polynauts twitter feed for you to tweet us if you see something AMAZING that should be featured on tomorrows Polynauts Central.

NOTES:

New to the Polygon Community? Please take time to read the community guidelines. It contains a handy bunch of information on how to get the most out of the community.

If you're a fan of the image up top and want to submit your own, remember to keep them coming for later Polynauts Central posts, GIF's included, at this link.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker