Polynauts Central: Choose Your Own Headline. (12/11)

1zcpuvs.jpg

Today's header image brought to you by Cobaltios. Thanks chum!

Greetings! It is I, your moderately hard working Polygon community bro' Shaun. Today I bring you good weather, warm feelings and woo-fistbumps. Why? Because it's Monday, November 12th, and this is Polynauts Central.

What is Polynauts Central you ask? Well, it's your place for off-topic discussion and brief updates on the past day of events across the Polygon empire.

POLYGON NEWS

WiiU

1: CURIOSITY DEVELOPERS NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS TO HELP WITH CONTINUED IMPROVEMENTS BY EMILY GERA

The Peter Molyneux-headed 22 Cans studio is now accepting donations to help with continued improvements in the development of its first iOS experiment Curiosity, according to the game's official website. Following the appearance of numerous server issues and bugs since the game's launch, the studio has set up a Paypal to help keep up with increasing costs.

"We are a small independent developer and due to popular demand we now offer the option for kind people to donate, so that we can make Curiosity the best possible experience it can be," reads the statement. "However big or small the donation; it will really help us make Curiosity better."

WiiU

2: 3DS IS THE 'NUMBER ONE PRIORITY' THIS HOLIDAY, SAYS NINTENDO BY EMILY GERA

"Nintendo's number one priority this holiday is 3DS and 3DS XL," he said. "We're seeing an ever-growing momentum in our handheld business. Nineteen months in, we're still a million units ahead of the pace of DS at this point in its life. As you know, DS was the best-selling gaming system of all time, and so we're pleased with that. We're seeing great momentum from the 3DS XL launch in August."

rtcw

3: NINTENDO'S WII U WILL NOT HAVE UNIVERSAL ACHIEVEMENTSBY TRACEY LIEN

Nintendo's Wii U will not have a universal achievement system across all its games akin to the Xbox 360's Achievements system or the PlayStation 3's Trophy system, the creative director and co-founder of Scribblenauts development studio 5TH Cell said in a post on NeoGaf.

Posting to the popular video game message board, Jeremiah Slaczka said that the Wii U does not have system-wide accomplishments. Rather, it is up to the developers to decide whether they wish to implement their own system.

4: FINAL FANTASY 14 'END OF AN ERA' CINEMATIC PAVES THE WAY FOR A REALM REBORN BY MEGAN FAROKHMANESH

Final Fantasy 14's servers shut down today in preparation for the game's relaunch as A Realm Reborn, and Square Enix has released a special cinematic to mark the temporary farewell.

As the Eorzean Alliance wages battle against the Garlean Empire, chaos quickly takes hold. The resulting worldwide destruction will help pave the way for the team's rebuilding in A Realm Reborn.

punch-quest

5: CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 2 DEVELOPER LAYS DOWN THE RULES OF WHAT WILL GET PLAYERS BANNED BY TRACEY LIEN

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 developer Treyarch revealed its security and enforcement policy on its official forums, detailing the ways in which players can get banned.

In the post, Treyarch wrote that there are two kinds of bans: temporary bans, which last from two days to two weeks, and permanent bans, which are lasting and final. The kind of ban issued will depend on the severity of the offense committed.

FROM THE FORUMS

1: SPARTAN OPS QUESTION BY SWELSH20

So yesterday I opened up Halo 4 after work and dug right into the campaign. I beat the first two levels and then a friend of mine asked if I wanted to play some slayer, so we did that for a while. When we were finishing up our play session, we were saying that we should try out Spartan Ops the next time we were both on.

My question is, will playing Spartan Ops before finishing the campaign ruin any of the main story? Would it be best to finish up the campaign before playing that mode, or are they separate enough that it does not matter?

2: PADDYNAUTS: SHOP SUNDAY BY PADDYSTARDUST

Remember this from Polynauts LIVE? I do. And I've noticed a lack of Photoshops you guys are always so good at. Here's the deal, I'm throwing a bottle here, but that doesn't have to be the only thing I'm throwing. People of Polygon, What Am I Throwing, and Where Am I Throwing It? Photoshop this picture up with your answer, however you wish, and stick it in here! Use an image hoster like tinypic.com for best results!

3: HALO 4 CAMPAIGN DISCUSSION- SPOILERS BY CAPTAINCANADA

Anybody else finish the campaign?.

(I can't really put any more in here for fear of spoilers - Shaun)

POLYNAUTS COMMENT OF THE WEEKEND (11/11-12):

I think I've been playing too much Dark Souls, because this came to mind as soon as I saw the picture.

Paradox me (8 Recommends)

Every day there will only be one comment from the previous thread. It's decided based upon the most recommends an individual receives for their comment; should two people have the same rating then both comments will be posted.

And thus we have another day's worth of Polynews. Remember to sound off in the comments below and share any awesome news you find today. As always check out the @Polygon feed on Twitter to keep up to date. There's also our own @Polynauts twitter feed for you to tweet us if you see something AMAZING that should be featured on tomorrows Polynauts Central.

NOTES:

New to the Polygon Community? Please take time to read the community guidelines. It contains a handy bunch of information on how to get the most out of the community.

If you're a fan of the image up top and want to submit your own, remember to keep them coming for later Polynauts Central posts, GIF's included, at this link

....ProjectNatalie embarrassed all of us on Halo last night. Just sayin'..gotta run faster folks

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker