Polynauts Central (11/14 Archived)

1zcpuvs.jpg

We finally have a new featured header designer - Nerubian Assassin The Writer

Dia duit, fáilte roimh clár eile de Polynauts Láir. Tá mé do prátaí grámhara gaige Shaun McIlroy agus anois a chuid ama a bheith ag féachaint ar cad atá ag tarlú i dtionscal na cluichí, ar dheis anseo ar Polagán.

POLYGON NEWS

WiiU

1: BioWare gives away copies of Mass Effect Trilogy to PC players of Black Ops 2 By Michael McWhertor

Some Call of Duty fans who picked up the Windows PC version of Black Ops 2 found an unwelcome surprise on the game's second disc: a copy of Mass Effect 2 from rival publisher Electronic Arts, an error that interfered with the game's installation. Mass Effect developer BioWare is trying to ease the pain of some of those affected by the mix-up, offering 50 players a free copy of the Mass Effect Trilogy for PC.

WiiU

2: American business magnate Carl Icahn ups his stake in Grand Theft Auto publisher Take-Two By Tracey Lien

American business magnate Carl Icahn has increased his stake in video game publisher Take-Two Interactive Software from 11.69 percent to 12.9 percent, according to a regulatory filing made today.

Reuters reports that this is the fourth time since Nov. 5 Icahn has bought shares in Take-Two, which has led to him owning more than 12 percent of the company's stock.

rtcw

3: 3DS Dragon Quest 7 features network support, user-shared dungeons (maybe)/b>By Kevin Gifford

It's already a fair bet that the best-selling game for February 2013 in Japan is going to be Dragon Quest 7, the Nintendo 3DS port of the PlayStation 1 game released twelve years ago. This week's issue of Famitsu magazine has a little two-page piece on the upcoming role-player, and while a lot of the information is similar to what was shared elsewhere a couple weeks ago, there are a few new tidbits if you read between the lines.

4: Nintendo further explains Nintendo Network, Miiverse and Wii U web browser in new video By Michael McWhertor

Nintendo's Bill Trinen focuses on a variety of subjects in the 14-minute video, including the creation of a Nintendo Network ID, a requirement for using the Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, Wii U Chat and Nintendo TVii. Trinen also touches on many of the subjects in the Japanese language Nintendo Direct released last week, including Wii to Wii U data transfer and user account details per console.

5: Call of Dooty II: Green Ops might be what Doom would look like if it was done today By Tracey Lien

A Doom mod titled Call of Dooty II: Green Ops that lampoons modern first-person shooters with lengthy tutorials, flashbacks and character archetypes was released for free this week by video game and web content producer Matthew "Chubzdoomer" C..

FROM THE FORUMS

1: Anybody else not excited for GTA V? By The_Hyphenator

So the GTA V hype train is picking up steam...and it feels like I'm the only one who's not really interested. Honestly, I've never really gotten the appeal of the GTA series. It seems like for every thing they get right, they get something MASSIVELY wrong, and nobody ever really acknowledges it.

2: On the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review event By Russ Frushtick

You may have noticed that our Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review went up this morning. You may also have noticed that, at the bottom of the review, there's this note:.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was reviewed on Xbox 360 debug units primarily at an event held by Activision and Treyarch in Carlsbad, Calif. between October 22nd and October 24th..

Given that I wrote the review and attended the event, I thought you guys might be interested in how these sorts of things play out..

The event was held at La Costa Resort in southern California. It's a gorgeous resort, home to a PGA-level golf course, god knows how many swimming pools and some nice amenities. As part of Polygon's ethics policy, we don't accept travel or accommodations from game publishers, so the flight out and the cost of the stay was footed by us.

POLYNAUTS COMMENT OF THE DAY (11/13):

The backwards hat tells me everything I need to know about that guy.

mattwhite924 (3 Recommends)

Every day there will only be one comment from the previous thread. It's decided based upon the most recommends an individual receives for their comment; should two people have the same rating then both comments will be posted.

And thus we have another day's worth of Polynews. Remember to sound off in the comments below and share any awesome news you find today. As always check out the @Polygon feed on Twitter to keep up to date. There's also our own @Polynauts twitter feed for you to tweet us if you see something AMAZING that should be featured on tomorrows Polynauts Central.

NOTES:

New to the Polygon Community? Please take time to read the community guidelines. It contains a handy bunch of information on how to get the most out of the community.

If you're a fan of the image up top and want to submit your own, remember to keep them coming for later Polynauts Central posts, GIF's included, at this link

....Don't bother trying to retranslate that, I tested my translation out and Google fudges it. For your amusement, Google loves my potatoes.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker