Are game endings becoming less important?

So i was running through my steam library just now and i realised that i had hardly completed any of the games in the list. When i first started gaming I’d retry levels, re-load or just persevere for hours if not days just to complete games or see all the endings (Dune 2, C&C and Deus Ex come to mind) These days my attention span is shorter and my life more crowded so i rarely finish a game. That’s not to say i don't enjoy them its just there seem to be more games coming in and less time to play them. I'm curious as to whether this is a sign of my age - 31 :( - or it’s a change in how people play games in general and if the latter is true is it a sign the rise of mobile and casual games has eaten away at our appetite for a getting to the end of a good story.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker