Welcome to Polygon Daily. What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be golden folks.
Every Tuesday and Thursday for the foreseeable future we will be playing a little game. I will create and post a header from a random game and you all get to guess what it's from. The sample I gave you on Friday, was a screenshot from Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller, released on PC and 3DO. Today's should be a lot easier.
There's some rules:
- All guesses must be prefaced with #PDGuess. It makes it easier for us to search and go through all the answers. This also allows you to append your guess to the end of a normal comment. Keep in mind, we will be searching ONLY for #PDGuess when we do our search, so it's imperative you put this tag in front of your answer.
- You only get ONE guess, so make it count. If you guess multiple times, only your first guess will be counted, even if you get it right later on.
- Guesses will be taken up until the next Polygon Daily is posted.
- No cheating. I can make this A LOT harder if necessary... :P
- At the end of each month we will tally up the scores and see who has the most points. There might be a surprise for that individual.
We won't tell you who's right until the next Polygon Daily and we won't be giving any hints. You guys can work together with this, as it's not the first person who gets the right answer gets a point, but each person who gets it right that day. However, at the end of each month... THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
'Enlisting the help of gamers to count malaria parasites' by Tracey Lien
'StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm's new Groups feature detailed by Blizzard' by Michael McWhertor
'Emo, Skrillex and Perfect Strangers: The odd inspirations of Jason Oda' by Brian Crecente
What is it: Playable browser-based ads are a dying breed, the victim of a sharp increase in the popularity of mobile gaming and a dearth of talented web ad games.
'Playgrounds: Russ Frushtick' by Russ Frushtick
What is it: A neat look at our man Frush's domicile, complete with photo referentials
'Big Fish, Growing Pond' by AJ Glasser
What is it: Casual developer angles for mainstream with Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake, starring Lea Thompson.
'Lego: Lord of the Rings' by Philip Kollar
Score: 8/10 | PS3, 360, WIN, Wii
'Best Steambox for $300-$400' by ConsultingGeek
'Wii U Pro Controller' by SuperNewb
I should probably stay away from Photoshop.
Nerubian Asassin the Writer | 12 Recommends
And that's it for today, Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily action!
If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread - which still contains some unused Polynauts Central headers and we'll use those eventually out of appreciation for your hard work.
Good luck on your guesses!