Room 101 - The Gaming Edition!

5481473244_139e811f8d_z_medium

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world. - O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Every gamer has something they find to be an annoyance in their hobby and wishes it would just stop and go away. Now there is Room 101 - the place where things go to die.

Place something you hate about videogames, the industry or the culture into Room 101 for it to be banished forever! No matter how small and trivial the complaint, or how major the frustration.

Vent, rant, debate and defend your choices and those of others amongst the community!

My first entry:

- Pre-order exclusive DLC content.

There was a time when I would not mind seeing my pre-order rewarded with extra content, but now there is so much on offer for nearly every game.

The worst aspect of this incentive is when one title has multiple content on offer at a variety of retailers. I know a lot of these things are superficial items such as a customization option, but my OCD tendency twitches at the thought of missing out on something that should be rewarded in-game after a certain amount of playtime. In simple terms, I just end up more confused than I should be when purchasing a videogame.

I am ashamed to say that I have sometimes pre-ordered a game I was planning on purchasing at a later date because I did not want to miss out on having a different colour gun.

Please either have ONE pre-order incentive (that is made avaliable to all as DLC post-release) or just cut it out, thanks!