If You Could Change One Thing In Game History

I was thinking, if you had the power to change any thing in video game history, what would you change, and why would you make that change?

If it were me, I'd make gen 6 (ps2, GCN, Xbox) last a few more years, and have gen 7 have less powerful hardware.

Now why would I do that? Well you see, we now live in a world where games are crazy expensive to develop. Last gen if a game sold a million copies it was a major success, but now a million copies is considered a failure. It feels like most games are made to appeal to the masses, and big budget niche games are disappearing. My hope is that by extending out last gen, and using less powerful hardware for this gen, dame development costs would stay lower, and thus allow devs to take more risks. Hopefully leading to more variety in games.

So what would you do? I'm curious to see what you all say.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker