Annual Titles: How do you feel?

Hey there, everybody. So I just came back from vacation and I came across an article confirming that Ubisoft Toronto is already starting on 2014's Assassin's Creed game which will be the next one after this year's Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Now, anyone who is familiar with development time and how long it takes to create a game already understood that the next-next Assassin's Creed was in some form of development especially since Ubisoft has announced that the franchise will be an annual one. I am well aware that Call of Duty has been doing this for a long time but I'd like to believe that most gamers playing CoD are in it mainly for the multiplayer where as the focus of AC is mostly on the single player side.

Personally, I've only had a limited time amount of time with the first Assassin's Creed game and it was fun but it didn't hold my attention so I don't believe my opinion really matters in this particular instance. My favorite series, Mass Effect, had a good bit of time between each release but I'm unsure of how I'd feel were it to turn into an annually released franchise. I'm genuinely curious to know how all of you feel about this? Is it too much, too soon? Do you feel like things are rushed? Just right? Love it? Hate it? I'd like to believe that I'd be excited for a new Mass Effect each year but at the same time I can't help but feel like I'd lose interest in something I loved so much if I was aware the next one was right around the corner. What are your thoughts, Polynauts?

Loading poll...
X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker