URA Zelda Restoration Project officially cancelled. :[

So I just found out today that the Ura Zelda Restoration Project has been cancelled for good this time. For anyone who hasn't been following this, I've been following this project for about the past two years now (although I think it's been going on much longer than that). It was the most ambition Zelda fan project anyone has ever attempted. Basically it was going to be what Miyamoto originally envisioned as the N64DD(DiscDrive) expansion to Ocarina of Time before it was cancelled due to N64DD's poor sales and lack of support in Japan.

I really wish I could show you guys how incredible this project was shaping up to be but unfortunately it's official YouTube channel, Zeth64, seems to have been removed along with all it's videos. As development went on, the project's ambition grew larger. It was going to be larger than Ocarina of time with an almost entirely redone overworld and completely new dungeons and bosses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Iiryhr4_MDA

Judging from the concept art and content released by one of the project's members in this video you can see that they were even planning on incorporating a light/dark world element similar to Link To the Past pretty much doubling the games world on much more different and contrasting scale compared to the present/future element the original Ocarina of Time had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LweaB216Z7o

All of the music was completely redone too. My favorite original track for this game has to be the Temple of Light theme at 10:02

This is truly a sad time. For years I had been anticipating this Zelda game far more than anything coming from Nintendo themselves. Considering how massive and ambitious this project was and how careful they had to be to not run into any legal problems with Nintendo, I suppose it was going to be cancelled sooner or later.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker