Revolurt's Eastern Game Report: 6/24 Edition - DAT THARJA

Killer is Dead

Platform: PS3, 360

Developer: Grasshopper Manufacture

Publisher: Kadokawa Games (JP), XSEED (NA)

Dq3pvjd_medium

New forth-wall breaking trailer. The target Mondo has to assassinate this time is this guy:

Elurrvz_medium

Source: Famitsu

Atelier Escha & Logy

Platform: PS3

Developer: Gust

Pulbisher: Koei Tecmo

Xpm8xrz_medium

New character trailers.

The game is coming out this week!

And I don't get to play it until next month!

Source: Gust's Youtube channel

Puppeteer

Developer: SCE Japan Studio

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

8udlyau_medium

Is it even a Japanese game? Oh well. Anyway, a demo called Puppeteer Rehersal is coming out 6/27. I don't know about you, but I really like what I had seen about this game. We need more fairytale-ish games.

Final Fantasy XV

Platform: PS4, Xbone

Developer: Square-Enix

Publisher: Square-Enix

Qxotodb_medium

The full interview with Nomura is out. It has nothing new, except that they now have the Type-0 director in the team, and they are considering multiplayer mode like Type-0

Dragon's Crown

Platform: PS3, Vita

Developer: Vanillaware

Publishers: Atlus

Hyad79k_medium

As Sneaky Spy Guy pointed out, Dragon's Crown has a Famitsu DX pack. (Is there any point posting it here now since he posted it in the comment section already?).

Mod2mce_medium

Fxpblhy_medium

P4dqoez_medium

Just look at the sexiness, that thing can be your companion whole night, if you know what I mean.

I'm talking about the mug, it's best for coffee and tea if you need to pull an all-nighter.

The art book is limited though, only people who pre-order it early can get it.

Juhkkvi_medium

Source: ebten

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma

Developer: Arc System Works

Publisher: Arc System Works (JP), Aksys Games (NA)

Vfox8pp_medium

We have more info on Terumi this time, as well as details on the story mode.

Ifprhkw_medium

Terumi's Drive is Force Eater, which allow him to suck enemies' Heat Gauge whenever he manage to hit his opponents with his Drive attacks (doesn't matter if he is blocking or not, as long as it hit, sounds kinda cheap to me...)

Kosnzdy_medium

Jp5ojiq_medium

One of his moves is Garengeki (Fang Scythe), it's a move used on opponents who had been knocked down, where he will keep stomping on the opponent and kick all the way to the corner.

Geylz6o_medium

Qzszsjd_medium

8dzywut_medium

Distortion Drives:

Jyakyou Messenga, where he will summon a snake like aura and dash toward enemies, best for surprise attack from a distance.

Rmlfmfb_medium

90b0c4w_medium

Kouga Soutenjin

Kick upward twice, can't be interrupted while activating (like Shouryuken), which ca be taken advantage of.

4pngjdr_medium

Rwvfipb_medium

Jyabaku Fuenjin. Can be activate when your Heat Gauge is above 50%, but it will consume all of your Heat Gauge no matter how much you have. The more you have, more damage it will deal.

2cp330x_medium

Jyarin Renshouga, hitting the opponent twice to the air with Ouroburos, then strike him down from above with a giant snake.

W6mj5kn_medium

Bjtehod_medium

Muec83a_medium

Overdrive is Nightmare Reaper, which allow him to deal more damage and suck more Heat with his Drive attacks, as well as enhancing all of his Distortion Drives.

Hl742dn_medium

The Six Heroes Chapter in the story mode will be focusing on the characters appeared in the prequel novel such as Celica and Bloodedge, illustrating both stories takes place 100 years ago and the present.

Won5mt4_medium

Uaflytz_medium

R1w3ppy_medium

XBLAZE Code: Embryo

Developer: Arc System Works

Publisher: Arc System Works

6ptplxt_medium

Some interesting info on the villains, the Magic Guild, which take us one step closer to, and two step further away from Blazblue.

Tbjcjli_medium

Avenge, a member from the Magic Guild. Followed his target, Ripper to the town. Despite being part of the Magic Guild, he is not capable of magic.

Dg76lu4_medium

N5podum_medium

Ripper, the number one wanted man of the Mitsurugi Organization. A psychotic serial killer who kills for fun. Had been running for ten years and slayed hundreds of elites from Mitsurugi Organization and magicians who pursued him.

2np8kon_medium

Zgle8zc_medium

Acht, number eight of the Ten Saints. A talented magician who became one of the Ten Saints despite his young age. Was taught by Sechs, and hold feelings for him that's more than just admiring. Has a big pride and confidence, which gave her some sort of "queen's aura" around her. Good at reading other people's mind and hidden emotions.

I93reth_medium

Gyi8yk2_medium

Drei, number three of the Ten Saints. Always thinking about the questions of "what is a real Ten Saints" and "what it takes to be a real Ten Saints". A serious person, and dispute his bosses within the Magic Guild who are always fighting each other for power and higher positions. Think of Sechs as the perfect example of what a Ten Saints should be, and admire him in a very zealotical way.

Zmyw3pw_medium

Q3unbmp_medium

Sechs, number six of the Ten Saints. A quiet person, and no one ever knows what he is always thinking. Managed to understand how gravity works with magic, which is something no one has manage to solve until now, and was chosen to be a Ten Saints at the age of 18. He is the only one who is capable of gravity magic, which consumed large amount of mana.

N4o4c6u_medium

So, what does all these have to do with Blazblue? Well, the keyword here is Ten Saints. What is Ten Saints? Well, they are the ten elite member named after numbers within the Magic Guild, and is mentioned in the Blazblue prequel novel. Remember what the other name Konoe A. Mercury is? Yes, she is number nine of the Ten Saints. But here comes the confusion, both Eight and Seven made their appearance in the novel, but number eight here in XBLAZE is Acht, which is definitely not the same person as Eight.

So there is only two possibility. 1. It's an alternative universe. 2. It's a prequel to Blazblue, the Ten Saints in Blazblue are the new Ten Saints, who succeeded the old Ten Saints we see here.

Another thing worth mentioning, Sechs use gravity magic. and if you recall, he was seen using a very similar weapon and Drive as the Murakumo Units in the opening animation, and his voice actor is Sugita Tomokazu, the same guy who voiced Ragna the Bloodedge. Coincidence, I THINK NOT.

Third thing, which I think it's just a homage rather than story related reference, Ripper has a Kaka doll as his necklace.

Check out the opening animation if you are interested, there are actually few Blazblue stuff that can be seen in there, I didn't even noticed them until I took a close look the second time.

Dark Souls II

Developer: From Software

Publisher: Namco Bandai

Nnmnlft_medium

FOUR N4W GAM4PLAY VIDEO4S

Matsune Miku: Project Mirai 2

Platform: 3DS

Developer: Sega

Publisher: Sega

J57wiok_medium

New trailer, and GUMI is in it too.

Chronos Materia

Platform: Vita, PSP

Developer: Gust

Publisher: Koei Tecmo

2nnpdul_medium

Ysqsnlg_medium

F7ejtbl_medium

X50yqwq_medium

Jv9agkb_medium

0bmzvws_medium

Yqfakeq_medium

New RPG from Gust, the developer of the Atelier series. It's an RPG about a bunch of kids starting an adventure in a world with no other humans and civilization. Sounds like my kind of thing (remember my illustration class project?). The theme of the game is time, and it will be a rather light hearted and easy game.

World setting: first strike

Character design: second strike

Gust: third strike

I. AM. GETTING. A. VITA.

Character designer is Non by the way, who's also the illustrator of Chuunibyou, here is his Pixiv:

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1432050

Source: Esuteru

Phanntom Breaker: Extra

Developer: 5pb., Delta Force

Publisher: 5pb.

Wgulfxj_medium

Basically a newer version of the original Phantom Breaker, except it's for PS3 as well this time.

Mqebmb6_medium

Xuvzflt_medium

CHRISTIIIIIII~NA!

New character:

Fsyp5rm_medium

Ftlqhdm_medium

Ssog28l_medium

Jomydum_medium

Uqmkzdp_medium

Bqphplg_medium

5gfcyxr_medium

Pfpj1cd_medium

Vylyrk8_medium

Tl1dszd_medium

Yn3zln0_medium

Qkgi9yb_medium

Source: Zaregoto

AKB1/149 Renai Sousenkyo

Developer: Artdink

2i9yboz_medium

I don't know why I'm writing this because I doubt anyone in this site will care. Basically it's a PS3 port of the Vita/PSP game with all the DLCs in it.

Hyperdimensional Neptunia Re;Birth1

Platform: Vita

Developer: Felistella

Publisher: Compile Heart

Gevyx6c_medium

Ymzv13o_medium

via i.imgur.com

The remake of the first game. While the character design remain the same as the first game, the rest such as character models, battle system, character portrait and even the story are completely being remake.

Well, at least they are willing to spent the effort.

Long Live the Queen

Platform: PC

Developer: Hanako Games

X299qwq_medium

Okay, it's not a exactly a Japanese game, and I have never heard of it until now. Basically it's a game where you have to prevent the princess die in gruesome way for 40 weeks until she is crowned. Boy, I hope she won't get ahead of herself...

So the reason I'm writing this is that the game is having a Steam Greenlight campaign. And apparently it was highly received when I was looking it up. There is a demo for the game, won't hurt to check it out.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142369710

Source: Kotaku (I know, shut up)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle

Developer: CyberConnect2

Jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle_medium

You know what, I feel like I have been writing about this game every week.

Anyway, here is a question, what's better than having a playable Dio Brando in the game? TWO PLAYABLE DIO BRANDO!

WRRRYYYYYY!!!

Jwnqs2i_medium

Dio Brando from Phantom Blood and Enrico Pucci from Stone Ocean announced!

New trailer with all the characters we have so far (except Dio and Enrico), watching it make me feel so refreshed that it feels like I just put a new pair of pants in the New Year morning!

The roster so far:

Phantom Blood:

Johnathan Joestar, voiced by Okitsu Kazuyuki

Will A. Zeppeli, voiced by Shioya Yoku

Dio Brando, voiced by Koyasu Takehito

Battle Tendency:

Joseph Joestar, voice by Sugita Tomokazu

Caesar Antonio Zeppeli, voiced by Sato Takuya

Wamuu, voiced by Ohtsuka Akio

Eisidisi, voiced by Fujiwara Keiji

Kars, voiced by Inoue Kazuhiko

Stardust Crusaders:

Kujo Jotaro, voiced by Ono Daisuke

DIO, voiced by Koyasu Takehito

Muhammad Avdol, voiced by Ebara Masashi

Kakyoin Noriaki, voiced Yusa Koji

Jean Pierre Polnareff, voiced by Hirata Hiroaki

Hol Horse, voiced by Otsuka Hochu

Diamond is Unbreakable:

Higashikata Josuke, voiced by Hatano Wataru

Nijimura Okuyasu, voiced Tagaki Wataru

Hirose Koichi, voiced by Park Romi

Kishibe Rohan, voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi

Otoshi Akira, voiced by Morikubo Showtaro

Kira Yoshikage, voiced Koyama Rikiya

Vento Aureo:

Giorno Giovanna, voiced by Namikawa Daisuke

Bruno Bucciarati, voiced by Sugiyama Noriaki

Narancia Ghirga, voiced by Sanpei Yuko

Guido Mista, voiced by Akabane Kenji & Sex Pistol, voiced by Imai Asami

Diavolo, voiced by Morikawa Toshiyuki & Ishida Akira

Stone Ocean:

Jolyne Cujoh, voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki

Hermes Costello, voiced by Yonemoto Chizu

Enrico Pucci, voiced by ???

Steel Ball Run:

Johnny Joestar, voiced by Kaji Yuki

Gyro Zeppeli, voiced Miki Shinichirou

Jojolion:

Higashitaka Josuke, voiced by Madono Mitsuaki

Super Heroine Chronicle

Developer: Banpresto

Ixr76af_medium

Few new characters announced:

White Angel from Twin Angel

Puchiko from Di Gi Charat

Sonozaki Mion from Higurashi

Shirayuki Hotogi from Aria the Scarlet Ammo

Kazanari Tsubasa from Symphogear

Cecilia Alcott from Infinite Stratos

Tifania from Zero no Tsukaima

PUCHIKO, SAWASHIRO MIYUKI! GOTY CONFIRMED!

Jz4xel3_mediumINcug2qr_medium

D12ofto_medium

Source: Bahamut

J-Stars Victory Versus

Developer: Namco Bandai

Yynsbde_medium

Right now is the time to do it!

(ZURA)

Right now is the time to do it!

(ZURA)

JOI GA JOY!

JOY GA JOI!

Twffn5n_medium

INFERNO DIVIDER!!!

Toukiden

Platfrom: Vita, PSP

Developer: Omega Force

Publisher: Koei Tecmo

8nnsl2o_medium

A new animated trailer made Studio 4C.

Drag-On-Dragoon/Drakengard 3

Developer: Access Games

Publisher: Square-Enix

6mhuvlr_medium

There are Zero and One, and now there is a Five, the oldest sister.

Before you ask, yes, she likes sex.

Pq512iq_medium

6umucsu_medium

Htkvepn_medium

Tyq950o_medium

Y1wzf6i_medium

Czkkmcc_medium

Lmxkz4w_medium

C3cgb1c_medium

Exstetra

Platform: Vita, 3DS

Developer: FuRyu

Publisher: FuRyu

Dy5d6wk_medium

It's described as a RPG where you save the world by kissing people. It's like Hentai Kamen, except you kiss people instead of wear panties on your head (not at all actually).

The two new characters, Serene and Mizuki:

Hp2n5p9_medium

Xnud0nz_medium

Zad6ocq_medium

Coebkl5_medium

Tqly7dd_medium

Hwks4if_medium

Dbzjbei_medium

Baisu4b_medium

I would like to see more about the gameplay though. Well the character designer is Tony so we all know that it's gonna sucks anyway. Still, DAT BACKGROUND.

And remember that Tharja statue? Well here is the colored version, should be out by winter, pre-ordering starts tomorrow. You know I'm out of stuff to write when I'm posting about video game merchandises.

1grkelf_medium

Official Good Smile Company's blog

And here is the Japanese trailer for Thief, voiced by Terumi Nakamura Yuichi. Why? Just because.

What you might have missed last week:

http://www.polygon.com/forums/polynauts/2013/6/17/4438802/revolurts-eastern-game-report-6-17-edition-prepare-for-the-walpurgis

-The Witch and the Hundred Knights's debut trailer.

-Hero Bank for the 3DS announced.

-Atelier Escha & Logy character trailer and four new characters.

-Danganronpa 1.2 for the Vita.

-Metal Max 4: Moonlight Diva announced for the Vita. Gun spark censored penis

-A new JRPG inspired game on Kickstarter Soul Saga.

-Yuki Terumi's new screenshots for Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma.

-Sidescrolling action RPG by Nippon Ichi Software Arcadias no Ikusahime.

-Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate for PS3.

-Saint Seiya: Brave Soldier for the PS3.

-Dragon Ball: Battle of Z for the PS3, 360 and Vita.

-Persona 5 MIND≒0's new gameplay video.

-Project 575, a new mysterious game by Sega. I'm telling you guys, it's Valkyria Chronicles 4!

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker