Polygon Community Gamenight: Uncharted 3: MP/Killing Floor (Sunday 28 July)

Vfx92fb_medium

Hey there Polygon Community. Last night we played Tribes Ascend, and the Sunday before that we played some Team Fortress 2 together on Steam. Good times for those who turned up. On the next Polygon Community Gamenight (Sunday July 28) we're going to have some fun on two platforms, at the same time in a mixture of both free-to-play, and paid content.

GAME #1: UNCHARTED 3 MULTIPLAYER

Over the past few weeks we settled on free-to-play in order to allow everyone the opportunity to join the fun, so this coming week we're going to play Uncharted 3: Multiplayer on PS3, the free to download and play edition which allows you to advance to level 15.

For this event we're going to ask that you start only play a character from levels 1-15 to make sure the odds are within everyone's favour.

PS3 BONUS POLYCONTEST

For this PS3 event I have special prizes to give out on the night for the most helpful players with the best attitude.

What are the prizes? Two 12 month PS+ codes. They're US only I'm afraid so but given the way PSN works I guess you could make a new account, right? I have another two for next week's Polygon Community Gamenight so fret not if you can't make this weeks fun.

Add the account 'Polynauts' to your friends list, I'll be playing on that account probably from around 9/10pm UK time but we'll have other Polymods jumping in a bit later in the evening.

GAME #2: KILLING FLOOR

The other game is the well received Killing Floor on PC. Nuclear Prinny really wants to play this with other folks in the Polygon Community, and it's been oft requested in the Steam Chat so why not? If you don't have the game you can grab it here on Steam.

Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS set in the devastated cities and countryside of England after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military dropped into these locations with a simple mission: Survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed...

If you're experienced in playing Killing Floor then why not volunteer to assist in organising matches on the night to make sure that everyone who wants to play gets the chance, if you want to help with this drop me an email to shaun[at]polygon.com or hit up the Nuclear Prinny in the Steam Group.

In the meantime it's a good idea to sign into the PolygonForums Steam group. That way Killing Floor folks can easily get together on Sunday and arrange matches in the chatroom where Polynauts often talk throughout the day. Why not pop in if you're at a loose end and want to get to know your community in a more real time fashion? If you've any other suggestions for the Community Gamenight (or any other community initiative) then drop me an email at community[at]polygon.com and we'll have a chat. Also, be sure to RSVP on the poll below so we can get ideas on numbers for the night.

I'll see you on Steam and PlayStation 3 this Sunday Polynauts, drop your Steam/PSN usernames below.

Loading poll...
X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker