Think you know everything about how the World Cup matches will end and want to prove it? Perhaps you know nothing at all but want to risk some fake money for even less tangible rewards? Welcome to the Polynauts World Cup forum betting game!
How to Play
- Everyone gets $100 for free! (For the purposes of this thread, dollar signs represent POLYBUCKS, a completely worthless fictional currency. Sorry to get your hopes up.)
- Every evening I'll post odds for different outcomes for the next day's matches in this thread
- Simply make a post specifying the outcome you'd like to bet on and the amount of money you'd like to bet (If this is your first bet, you've got up to $100 to spend.)
- I'll keep track of everyone's total cash and make payouts when the matches end
That's all there is to it! If you'd like some slightly more detailed rules, keep reading. If not, just scroll down to the odds and start your betting!
- You can make a bet any time from when I post the odds until the kickoff of the match in question.
- Bets are provided in w/b format. You will win w polybucks for every b you bet.
- Bets apply to the score at the end of normal time (90 minutes + injury time.)
- You may bet on more than one outcome for a match if you'd like, or bet twice on the same one if you'd like to increase an earlier bet. However, you cannot reverse a bet once it has been posted!
- If you start a day with less than $50, you may request a loan of up to $50 so you have some cash to work with. Loans will be deducted from your leaderboard total, and will be paid back as soon as possible. This means the first bet you win after taking a loan will have some or all of its winnings confiscated!
- If you've got any other questions (or if you think I'm responsible for some bad math) feel free to ask here. I'll also try to hang out in the Polynauts Steam group chat when I'm available.
Final Match Odds
Germany 1-0 - 11/2
Germany 2-0 - 9/1
Germany 2-1 - 9/1
Draw 0-0 - 13/2
Draw 1-1 - 11/2
Argentina 1-0 - 8/1
Argentina 2-0 - 16/1
Argentina 2-1 - 12/1