Real Steel - Best Fighting Game Since Eternal Champions?

I just tried out the demo for Real Steel on PS3, a game about robots boxing each other. Robot boxing is pretty awesome.

I don't think I'll bother to get the game, since you can play most of it in the demo, but still, it's more fun than I expected. The robots are all pretty interesting. One guy has a sledgehammer for a hand, so, bonus there.

Reel_steel_video_game_download_medium

It actually has most of the same gameplay mechanics as Fight Night, if you can believe that. You can bob and weave, side step or dash forward and backwards, there are 4 punch buttons and 4 super moves per character that I know of. You can also block high or low.

This game just takes me back to a time when fighting games were simpler, and dropped all pretense of being anything but silly fun. Eternal Champions, Primal Rage, these are games I miss today. Give it a shot if you're bored, and you just might enjoy it for 10 minutes.

Realsteel2_medium

Real_steel_1_e1323665029124_medium

IGN gave the game a 3/10. Seems a little harsh if you ask me. The day I'm too cool for robot boxing is really going to be a sad day. Here's a video of some gameplay to check out.

P.S. I guess this is based on a movie? I didn't even know this movie existed. How come no one told me that Wolverine was teaching robots how to box!? This sounds AMAZING!

9959a_medium

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker