PS3 Ultra Slim

I have a 2007/2008? PS3. Basically the model after the original was released. I love it to death. It only has an 80 GB drive in it though, and I don't want to jinx it but can feel it's time is almost up. I want to get a new PS3, and dislike the Slim and Ultra Slim even more. The slide loading disk tray is ridiculous.

I have an entertainment unit that makes it challenging to access so front disk loading is kind of important. What model would you get (slim / ultra?) and what size? 80 GB just isn't enough, with all the game saves of games like MGS4/Skyrim getting huge. *I could move the unit (PS3) somewhere else, and allow me to use it but slot loading is a beautiful thing :P)

Am I better off just purchasing the slim, and upgrading the HDD to say a Samsung 830 256 SSD?

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker