On the fence

So immediately after the Xbox One presser, I placed a pre-order on Amazon. I was a little disappointed by the price, but had prepared myself for it possibly being that high. I only had an Xbox360 this generation.

But then the rest of the day, I kept thinking about the games that I had seen, and how nothing really got me excited. I might actually have been more intrigued if they had showed off more of this vaunted Kinect-Controller integration they keep talking about, how it's going to augment the controller-based game experience. I have a Kinect, and honestly it's mostly a frustrating experience. The worst part is that trying to play any Kinect game with my 6-year-old son is nigh impossible; the sensor just can't keep both of us in frame at the same time, because of the big height difference. And I also kept thinking how I'd never be able to sell a game on eBay again.

Anyhow. Then the Sony presser happened. And the price got announced. And I immediately went and placed a pre-order on Amazon for the PS4, too.

Now I'm basically sitting on the fence, waiting for news about one to push me over the edge and cancel the pre-order for the other.