The Girl Problem, and how to fix it.

New-kid_medium

via www.bagofgames.com

When I first got "South park: The Stick of Truth" I was thrilled to play it. I knew that one could not pick there Gender in the game and that did not stop me. I played the game, and when I finishing it I decided to Figure out why one could not be a girl in the game. Why did the Creators (Trey Parker and Matt Stone) not include the pick for a gender?

Bandicam_2014_06_30_10_51_31_985_by_tazerjmarks-d7omeqc_medium

All the posts I have read have pointed to one point, and it is valid. The Boys and the Girls do not play with each other. In one Ep. of South Park they go to war and end up almost kill each other. This would lead to the inherent problem with a girl joining the boys and still be a fluent story. There's lots of posts on the subject yet I think I have the solution.

There will be some spoilers:

I will point where and when to insert gender specific events that would be believable to the story and not have to rework the whole game as a whole. Only changing any 'Him' to 'Her' and 'son' to 'daughter' over the whole game.

Its starts with the beginning and the meeting with Butters. The player is promoted to hit the 'Elf' who is beating up Butters. Butters thanks the player and asks if they want to join the game the kids of town are playing. Here the Developers could have put a alternate cut scene where Butters is surprised that a girl had helped him. he then could say that she might want to play the game the boys are playing. He then would take her to see Cartman who would insult Butters for bringing a girl. Butters (The Nice Kid) would insist that she might like to play the game and Cartman would begrudgingly say that she must prove that she can be one of the boys. The tutorial would play as normal only instead of wide arms on how to play the game Cartman would be 'testing' her. After repealing the 'Elf' attack Cartman is impressed and says she is worthy to play the game.

Ed74bf3b-5ac9-438d-b307-19851cd8ed54-460x276_medium

via static.guim.co.uk

The Game from here on plays as normal, until the part where the player gets the girls to join the battle. The girls would look down at the female player for playing with the boys and as such would make fun of her. With Unplanned Parenthood, The girls simply point out that since the player is a girl and not apart of the council (and playing with the boys all ready makes her rather low) that she would be the one to go into the abortion clinic.

These are simple animation and Dialog changes in the game and keeps with the LORE of South Park.

E3bc33dc238bceab1103086209a1c587e4e4b240_medium

via nerdsontherocks.com

What are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree, Explain? Do you have any suggestions? Do you wish to see a Patch or DLC for the game that's like what I described for the game?

Thanks for reading.

Loading poll...
X

forgot?

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker