Obligatory "New Vita Owner Needs Help" Thread - Cross Play and Games Question

Hey, fellow Polynauts, I had been fighting off new console/new gaming PC thoughts for quite a while, and I finally decided based on the budget I had and my interest in future-centric devices that the Vita was the best option available right now. It costs the least out of what I was mulling over (custom Steam Machine, PS4, or Vita), and seems most capable of growing with me (i.e. when I eventually get a PS4, I can look forward to remote play as well as Playstation Now; meanwhile, my current gaming PC in my office can keep pulling its weight on Steam).

Having said that, I have been out of the Sony ecosystem since PS2. A lot of my friends are PS3/4 fans, but none of them own or utilize Vitas alongside their systems. As a result I have no point of reference to really understand Cross-Play. I checked the Sony support pages, and see the following Cross-Play examples:

• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – The PS3 version of the game can be controlled using the PS Vita system.
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip – PS Vita users can download and share tracks with PS3 users.
  • WipEout 2048 – PS Vita users can compete in online races against users of WipEout HD for PS3.

That seems like a really broad example set of what the term Cross-Play means, and I am specifically looking for games that fulfill the second and third criteria. One of the biggest reasons I got a Vita is Dragon's Crown, and for that game in particular I have seen a couple of articles about Cross-Play but have no idea what category it falls under. So can anyone tell me if Dragon's Crown has Cross-Play of any kind built in? Also are there any games people can recommend aside from Dragon's Crown that utilize Cross-Play that will allow me to share content or play directly with PS3/4 users?

Aside from that I was curious to see what the best JRPGs are on the system. In general I am most looking forward to Dragon's Crown, Persona 4, and Gravity Rush, but would love suggestions on some quality JRPG games. As a comparison point I also have a 3DS XL where I play games like Rune Factory 4, Virtue's Last Reward, Etrian Odyssey, and Shin Megami Tensei. I was wondering what the best games on Vita are that fit similar molds.

I appreciate the help!

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker