Help me decide on the Vita over the 3DS

So I'm preparing to move to Australia and I'm debating on whether I should even get a portable gaming console, and if so which one? I have a five year old who currently plays my PS3 and uses an iPad who would also use whatever device I get.

Now if I get a hand held system the question becomes Vita or 2DS? (I say 2DS because I don't want the 3D) I prefer strategy games and tactical RPGs plus the occasional JRPG. Both systems seem to have good libraries in that regard.

Vita: Persona 4 Golden, Valkyria Chronicles (Loved 1 on my PS3), Disgea, and Dynasty Warriors (well hopefully something other than NEXT)

2DS: Pokemon (I'll admit to liking it), Bravely Defaults sounds good, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter.

How do I choose? As the Vita gamers I'd love for you guys to weigh in and tell me why I should get a Vita. And if so should I get the original with OLED or wait for the slim new release. (Though why no colors other than black in America! ARGH!)

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker