Been away from Nintendo gaming in a while, looking for Wii games to get me back into it

Before this generation of consoles I primarily a Nintendo gamer. I had a Dreamcast and I had a PS2 but Nintendo was always the first on the list for and this lasted until a little while after the Wii launched. I've picked up a PS3 and Xbox 360 since then and I haven't really looked back. I've come back for Mario Kart, Smash Bros. and Mario Galaxy but aside from that the Wii and Nintendo in general has been ignored. New and exciting games were popping up on the other 2 platforms.

The graphics, scale and types of games were appearing on the PS3 and Xbox 360 that the Wii is simply incapable of handling and the online functionality and media features they offered made me not want to look back. The Xbox 360 in particular I loved because I can chat to friends across different games, invites make playing together really easy and if I'm not in the gaming mood, I can just watch something or listen to music. Having all of that to use at will on the same console enhanced the experience for me meaning if I'm playing on the Wii which at the time of writing is sitting in a cupboard, I missed having those features.

I'm considering taking my Wii out of the cupboard and setting it back up again however. This is partly due to the Wii U getting a lot of attention in the past week. I wasn't paying attention to the Wii U but oddly enough, the low review scores (well to be fair, they are average but they're pretty low for a console) made me interested in it. It made me read more reviews to see where the problems were and in turn that got me looking at the games available for it and some of those screenshots made me a little nostalgic. I've also been having a big clear out of my room that's been due for years and have been coming across my old SNES games, Nintendo stuff and Nintendo magazines which has made me miss the types of games I used to play so that combined with the Wii U stuff has made me want to revisit that a little and see if I enjoy those sorts of games as much as I used to.

The main problem with me setting my Wii back up again however is that I don't have a whole lot of games for it and the ones I do have I've completed years ago and still remember too much about them to make it as enjoyable to play through a second time. I would like to ask all of you Nintendo gamers on Polygon to suggest games I should buy for the Wii to try and make Nintendo a more regular part of my gaming life again. If I really get back into Nintendo gaming then the Wii U might just make it onto the list of platforms I need to own.

The games I own for the Wii are:

Call of Duty 3

Mario Kart Wii

Red Steel

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii Play

Wii Sports

The games I'm considering so far are:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Dead Rising

One of the Sonic games

Not exactly big lists there and I'm drawing blanks as to what I should get for the console so if you've any games to suggest and a reason for why it's worth getting I'd appreciate it. If you happen to know of anywhere in the UK that sells it cheap then that'd also be appreciated otherwise I'll probably just hunt for it on ebay. The odd co-op or multiplayer game would be great as well.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker