Where's LostWinds 3?

I loved the first two in the series, bought them on day 1 and remain as one of my favorite franchises ever; Lost Winds gave me lots of hope for WiiWare at the time as it laid the foundation for solid games in the future from the service.

Since I completed LW2 many years ago now, I've been awaiting a 3rd entry in the series. For a while I thought the reason as to why the 3rd game hadn't been released was because Frontier was developing it for the 3DS, but that obviously hasn't happened. So then I thought maybe they're moving development to the new Wii U, but that hasn't happened either.

So now I am lost and confused, why wouldn't Frontier have released the third one by now? Did the first two not sell enough to grant a third game? Hell, LW and LW2 was given more life when it was released on iOS a couple of years ago that should have driven sales up even more. The series was highly praised from critics and gamers alike so I would think a second sequel would have been here by now.

I remember reading one update from Frontier back a couple of years ago that stated something along the lines of 'we're working on ideas for the next Lost Winds'' and that is the only update I remember reading.

Anyone have any thoughts or share my passion on playing another LostWinds?

X

forgot?

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker