Nintendo Customer Service

Last week, I noticed that my Wii U was not reading any of my Wii U disk I own about 5 games for the system. After reading the error code on screen and looking it up on Nintendo's website. I gave them a call.

1. The first call I was ask to do some trouble shooting steps and call back. The steps did not work and I called back.
  2. The second call I got hung up on after 20 min in. He was trying to get me to someone else and was having a hard time. No big deal.
  3. The third call I got a shipping label after being on the call for an hour and fifteen minutes because they could not determine the purchase date of the console. After speaking with the rep and offering to send her a copy of my receipt ( I bought it in May of this year) she made a "work around" and emailed me a shipping label and specific instructions to send the console in. I sent it in on Thursday 8-21 and they finally received the unit 8-28.
  4. I received an email yesterday requesting I call customer service back about my order. So when I got off work I spoke to another representative who also seemed to be having a tough time, tell me that I would need to send two Nintendo Games in so they could test the system. I was kind of baffled at the point. Why would I need to send my games to Nintendo to test. Nintendo makes games!!!! Oh, and they need to be Nintendo direct games so if there is an issue with the games they can replace them. (not sure if this was correct or just trying to make me feel better at this point) So I was supposed to receive another prepaid label in two hours for the games. A support email was received but no shipping label.
  5. So call number five to Nintendo after speaking to the representative and beyond frustrated at this point she informed me that it could take 24 hours for the label because its the second one. Oh and if I would like to talk to a supervisor about my return and fiasco they could call me back which could take another 48 hours.

I have never had this kind of customer service before. I had a similar problem 3 years ago with an xbox 360 (disk drive died) and they sent me a box within a label in it that took 2 days to get and I got my console repaired and back to me in less than 10 days.

What has your experience been with their support? I will say that this experience will make me think twice about purchasing future products from them.

**UPDATE

So after speaking to a supervisor later Friday. He tried to resend the shipping label. He also stated that the repair center would overnight my console back when it is finished. I think there is a glitch in their system sending out UPS labels because I never got it but did receive their follow up email. I later called back that evening and asked if I could send the games my self. After getting the address, the games were sent first class and they should be there Tuesday. The supervisor called me back today and asking how things were going and if I got their labels. I explained what happened and he offered to repay my shipping plus $50 Nintendo e shop credit! Even without the $50 bucks in credit, I still thought it was cool for the supervisor to give a follow up and hopefully I'll get my console back this week.