First-timer building a gaming PC...

So a friend of mine recently convinced me to take the plunge and build my own gaming PC. He works in a computer store, so he's going to hook me up with the case, power supply, hard drive and a free copy of Windows 7. So, I just have to get the CPU, video card, mobo, RAM and disc drive. After some consideration and examination of my budget (I'm trying to keep it under $400), this is what I've got:

EDIT: Just to keep things simple for the newcomers, to the thread, I've updated the specs to reflect what I've changed based on input from forum members. If I make further changes, I'll update this post to reflect the new alterations.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 BE (4-core)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Mobo: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB, 1600 Mhz module

Disc drive: Samsung SH-224BB/BEBE DVD burner

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker