Best Steambox for $300-$400

I want to build a good gaming PC to replace my Xbox 360, so I need it to be in the same price range as a console. What are your recommendations as far as the best parts I can get to fit my budget? I won't be building anything for a few months though, cause I don't have any money right now. I want to be able to fit everything in a HTPC case, or some other kind of smaller case. It'll be in my living room and since it is a console replacement, I want it to resemble one in size. I don't need the absolute best hardware to be able to play every game on ultra-high settings. Something that will allow me medium-high on games will be satisfactory. I plan on using Steam's Big Picture mode for this build, that should be great for a living room setup. Keyboard/mouse and TV won't be in this budget, purely the system itself.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker