Steam Trading Cards, I have a friend...

So, fairly short post but I wanted the opinion of others (ideally you will reinforce my own!)

I have a friend who leaves games playing on Steam to acquire the first half of the trading cards. I've known this guy for half my life, right now he has a historical strategy game running-- this is not the type of game he plays. So not only is he trying to obtain cards just for the ____ of it but also cards for games he hasn't even played. I'm guessing he then buys the other half of the set? Plus there's the question of is he buying games solely for this purpose? Hopefully acquiring them in bundles but I can't imagine, personally, outright purchasing a game for this purpose.

What are your thoughts? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Oh and are we ever going to get a Steam platform forum? Next year? ;)

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker