Surprise! PC Building (Part 3: I FINISHED)

Soo... I did mention that I was going to build a pc in the fall... I couldn't wait. My old laptop is a piece of crap that came out of a slightly larger piece of crap. I'm pretty sure a vine of me punting it across the room is in order. I also went cheap for now. Knowing that I have no money next gen games will require an upgrade in due time no matter what, I pretty much went for the bottom with these parts:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock B75M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($95.38 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case ($79.99 @ Amazon) [You can get this in whiiiite?]

Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($38.18 @ Amazon)

Total: $607.51

I admit, a bit of patience would have landed me an i5-3470 for just about the same price, and I wouldn't have had to cancel my plans of just buying a graphics card some other time after I got a job - I didn't realize until too late that the 3350p didn't have any integrated graphics. As you clearly see, I went for bang/buck with the 7770... although it is a really card, which leaves some future potential (and shock at how it was the cheapest 7770 around).

Dude(tte)s, add me on steam... or something. It's another way for you to make fun of me for not purchasing Team Fortress 2 yet.

Also, goodness... building a PC is definitely not a difficult task. Building one for the first time with no one helping you is hell. You will find yourself saying stupid "Why is this motherboard on an angle... what are these golden screw thingies?" and "where do the case fans go on this motherboard!? THERE IS NO SPACE... oh wait power supply." Truthfully, the feeling you get when you turn it on for the first time and yell like M. Bison is completely equalized by my paranoia-like constant rechecking of item compatibility before purchasing, during delivery, and even while the parts are installed. I'm sure it's just a first timer's anxiety, though.

Mind you, this isn't done. I have an XBMC interface to make next. Regardless, this PC gaming is now my new world. Shame that there's no real sale or anything going on.