Help me get back into the 360

Well, now that Polygon is launched and all, I guess I'll make a thread:

For the past year, my Xbox 360 has been disconnected from the internet. There's really not excuse. I have ethernet cables lying around, and I could easily plug them into the console, but I just haven't felt the need to search for new content. In fact, for the past year, I've barely played on it at all.

Here's where I need your help: I've been away from the console for so long that I don't even know what's been coming out for it recently. Sure, I know about the big hits like Halo 4, but I've missed out on a great number. I'd love to find a few games that finally make me want to turn my 360 back on.

I'm not very picky about genres. I mostly play JRPGs, 2D shoot 'em ups and platformers, and third-person action games, though I'm willing to try just about anything (I'm not big into FPSes, other than classic ones like Doom). I'm not looking for good games; I'm looking for great games that will make me love the console again.Feel free to recommend anything, even if it's well known or years old, because there's a fairly high chance I haven't played it. However, I'd prefer games that are only available on consoles, since I have plenty of PC games to play already. I'll be open to any OG Xbox games, as long as they're backwards-compatible on the 360.

The two big games I'm currently interested in getting are Forza 4 and Dust: An Elysian Tail. I loved Forza 3, and Dust has had my interest for a while. Any thoughts on these or other games would be very much appreciated.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker