Coming Off Of Ni No Kuni, I played Tomb Raider

I've been playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and I honestly can't think of another game that's as well done and that brims with content. I decided to check out Tomb Raider on the 360 from Redbox just as a comparison since everyone had been saying that it rivals Uncharted. What were these people thinking?!

I only played Tomb Raider for about 2 hours before I had to turn it off, but boy was I disappointed. The game just felt cheaply made and seemed to use it's Mature rating as a means to include excessive violence and even elements that suggest rape. The game auto saves it's place every second so you don't restart at any particular checkpoint which added to the cheapness. There were a lot of QuickTime events...in one a male enemy was trying to grope Lara Croft and you had to hit Y really fast to fight back.

What do other Polygon members think of Tomb Raider? Maybe I didn't play for long enough but I was expecting something equivalent to Uncharted with a good story and puzzle elements. What I got was a D grade horror movie.