It's been an exciting couple days, huh?
I have to be honest, last night, when Sony dropped all their troll bombs, I had been converted. I wanted to like the Xbox One, but Sony looked impressive. But then multiplayer ended up behind a paywall on PS4 too. And then Final Fantasy XV wasn't exclusive. And then Kingdom Hearts wasn't exclusive either.
And now I take a step back and think...
- Xbox One actually showed more exclusive games than Sony did.
- Sony didn't even show their user interface. That's a bad sign.
- Microsoft has a huge lead in terms of apps and entertainment options, and I'm not even including potential Windows 8 convergence.
- Voice controlled Kinect is freaking awesome.
- Xbox One will allow used games too.
- I am beyond ready to go all digital in the next gen.
- Microsoft's cloud features are being completely ignored right now.
- PS4 is just an upgraded PS3 clinging to the past while Xbox One is a completely redesigned console built with the future in mind.
- The controller matters, and the Xbox One controller is far superior to the PS4's.
- Microsoft's "family sharing" system sounds like a killer feature.
Aside from the DRM restriction (which I understand, but just don't care about) and the price difference, I honestly cannot see why everyone is so excited about the PS4. The Xbox One looks superior to me in just about every possible way.
I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but am I missing something? It doesn't even seem like a hard decision at this point.