A note from Brian Crecente, News Editor:
There was a time so very long ago, but somehow still less than a year ago, that I wondered what I'd do with all of those months facing me before the launch of Polygon.
I drew up elaborate plans for elaborate stories and plotted out research projects to fill what I assumed would be magnificent gulfs of, perhaps not leisure, but certainly journalism at a relaxed pace.
That illusion lasted maybe a week.
Before I knew it Griffin McElroy and I were hammering out responsibilities, researching news-gathering methodology and newsroom management technology. We were discussing style and ethics. There were hundreds of applications to sort through, journalists to interview. We were hiring. We were training. We were writing.
In months, we went from a news team of two to a team of nine in three countries. From a collection of strangers, to a modern newsroom.
It was a year that started as a stroll, but somehow became a fast walk, a jog, a run, a sprint.
We've already written thousands of stories, covered events around the world. But we haven't even started yet, not really.
- Brian Crecente, News Editor
See more Press Reset on our Press Reset hub page.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update