Borderlands 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Sept. 18 in North America and Sept. 21 internationally, according to a 2K Games press release.
Developer Gearbox also unveiled a pre-order "Premier Club" for the sequel to its four-player cooperative shooter Borderlands. The pre-order bonuses include a downloadable Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key and the Vault Hunter's Relic: The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns; the Golden Key is an in-game item used to unlock a rare item in the Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2; and the Vault Hunter's Relic is an in-game item that boosts players' gear-hunting fortune.
In Borderlands 2, players have to hunt down Handsome Jack and his corrupt Hyperion Corporation on the world of Pandora. The game will support a single-player campaign as well as up to four-player cooperative play. The game will support both local split-screen play and online drop-in-drop-out gaming.
"The addictive gameplay and shooting and looting mayhem of the first Borderlands is back and better than ever in Borderlands 2, taking the franchise to an entirely new level," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "With more guns, more enemies, more missions, an engaging story and all-new characters, Borderlands 2 promises to bring a new era to gaming this fall."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta