Borderlands 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Sept. 18 in North America and Sept. 21 internationally, according to a 2K Games press release.
Developer Gearbox also unveiled a pre-order "Premier Club" for the sequel to its four-player cooperative shooter Borderlands. The pre-order bonuses include a downloadable Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key and the Vault Hunter's Relic: The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns; the Golden Key is an in-game item used to unlock a rare item in the Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2; and the Vault Hunter's Relic is an in-game item that boosts players' gear-hunting fortune.
In Borderlands 2, players have to hunt down Handsome Jack and his corrupt Hyperion Corporation on the world of Pandora. The game will support a single-player campaign as well as up to four-player cooperative play. The game will support both local split-screen play and online drop-in-drop-out gaming.
"The addictive gameplay and shooting and looting mayhem of the first Borderlands is back and better than ever in Borderlands 2, taking the franchise to an entirely new level," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "With more guns, more enemies, more missions, an engaging story and all-new characters, Borderlands 2 promises to bring a new era to gaming this fall."
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Wii U pre-orders see a huge increase after Gamescom, says Amazon
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?