The Last Story is hitting North American Wiis later this year, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said during this morning's Nintendo Direct online broadcast. Developed by Mistwaler and AQ Interactive, the action RPG was released in Japan last year.
Also in the presentation, the company showed off action tower defense game Dillon's Rolling Western, which features about 20 hours of gameplay and (as announced during the broadcast) arrives on the eShop today.
The nearly 12-minute video also included a chat about Kid Icarus: Uprising, specifically the game's multiplayer and "weapon fusion."
Last up was Mario Tennis Open, which Nintendo pegged today as a May 20 release. The fast-paced action sports game with a "surprising amount of depth," features local wireless and online gameplay for up to four people. You can also use the 3DS' built-in gyro to look around the court during matches.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible