Whole Foods plans to test a Kinect-powered shopping cart that will follow you through stores, track what food you put in the cart and talk to you, Geekwire reports.
The motorized prototype can remember your shopping list, remove items from it as you place them in the cart and even lets you check out and pay when you're done.
The cart is one of hundreds of new Kinect retail and commercial applications being rolled for the Windows version of the device that got its start on the Xbox 360.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition