Whole Foods plans to test a Kinect-powered shopping cart that will follow you through stores, track what food you put in the cart and talk to you, Geekwire reports.
The motorized prototype can remember your shopping list, remove items from it as you place them in the cart and even lets you check out and pay when you're done.
The cart is one of hundreds of new Kinect retail and commercial applications being rolled for the Windows version of the device that got its start on the Xbox 360.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart