Whole Foods plans to test a Kinect-powered shopping cart that will follow you through stores, track what food you put in the cart and talk to you, Geekwire reports.
The motorized prototype can remember your shopping list, remove items from it as you place them in the cart and even lets you check out and pay when you're done.
The cart is one of hundreds of new Kinect retail and commercial applications being rolled for the Windows version of the device that got its start on the Xbox 360.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)