Five screenshots supposedly ripped from the colonial folds of Assassin's Creed 3 have been posted on Reddit, showing off the American Revolution backdrop in which the recently revealed title is set. Reddit user Dylanjosh did not cite the source of the uploaded images, but they certainly appear authentic. By which we mean: There is an assassin in all of them, and also, there's a guy who vaguely looks like George Washington.
Dylanjosh also posted a huge list of information from a now-pulled article on the Assassin's Creed Wikia, which was supposedly culled from the Game Informer cover story. According to the post, the game stars a Native American and British-born Mohawk named Connor, who uses his predatory skills to assist Washington, Franklin and Charles Lee in the Revolutionary War across Boston, New York and a "large countryside."
We've contacted Ubisoft to find out if the information and screens are legit, but we'll almost certainly learn the truth once Ubisoft drops its own details on Monday. Though, at the rate information is leaking out, we may well know the protagonist's birthday, middle name and social security number by that point.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.