Five screenshots supposedly ripped from the colonial folds of Assassin's Creed 3 have been posted on Reddit, showing off the American Revolution backdrop in which the recently revealed title is set. Reddit user Dylanjosh did not cite the source of the uploaded images, but they certainly appear authentic. By which we mean: There is an assassin in all of them, and also, there's a guy who vaguely looks like George Washington.
Dylanjosh also posted a huge list of information from a now-pulled article on the Assassin's Creed Wikia, which was supposedly culled from the Game Informer cover story. According to the post, the game stars a Native American and British-born Mohawk named Connor, who uses his predatory skills to assist Washington, Franklin and Charles Lee in the Revolutionary War across Boston, New York and a "large countryside."
We've contacted Ubisoft to find out if the information and screens are legit, but we'll almost certainly learn the truth once Ubisoft drops its own details on Monday. Though, at the rate information is leaking out, we may well know the protagonist's birthday, middle name and social security number by that point.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?