A new Far Cry 3 trailer hit this morning offering a glimpse at the jungled, drug-fueled, more-than-a-little psychotic landscape of the upcoming shooter from Ubisoft, due out Sept. 7.
It's hard to tell how much of what we're shown is actual gameplay and how much is scene setting, but we'd like to think that this is the sort of game that allows players to alter their perceptions, and perhaps their abilities, through natural drug use, wrangle with crazed locals, and interact with the local teethie fauna.
Here's what we're taking away from the video: Perhaps you can use the tropic island's local flora to concoct drugs that at the minimum make you trip out, but I suspect also give you either abilities or heal you up. That there seems to be an almost Through the Looking Glass undercurrent to the game's narrative. That there will be sharks and komodo dragons and, one can only hope, that they can eat you as you stumble around on a mushroom bender. That the cast of characters have been making use of the local drug supply way too much and are five steps and a leap beyond a little bit crazy.
Pre-orders of the PC, PS3 or Xbox 360 version of the game, according to the end of this trailer, give you two exclusive maps which deliver an extra 40 minutes of gameplay.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Multiplayer comes to Dragon Age with Inquisition's 4-player co-op mode