Infinity Blade: Dungeons is "coming soon" to the new iPad, Epic Games president Mike Capps revealed during Apple's press conference earlier today.
Infinity Blade: Dungeons is "coming soon" to the new iPad, Epic Games president Mike Capps revealed during Apple's press conference earlier today. The title is a departure from the over-the-shoulder action of the rest of the series, and will toss players into a Diablo-esque dungeon crawl, aided by the new iPad's retina display and quad-core graphics processing.
Players will hack and slash through dungeons while collecting crafting materials to create the eponymous Infinity Blade, complete with touch controls for movement and combat. Capps also sung the praises of the new iPad as a gaming device, saying that it possesses more memory and screen resolution than the Xbox 360 or PS3. We'll try to get our hands on the game soon to see how well it implements said power.
Update: Epic has released the trailer shown during Apple's presentation, which we've posted below.
A press release reveals that the player will assume the role of "an apprentice weaponsmith who serves the Master of the Forge, sent forth on a perilous quest to forge the one thing the Deathless will come to fear most: the Infinity Blade." Logically, it's a prequel to the other two titles, in which the Infinity Blade has already been crafted (and quite frequently wielded). The press release and trailer also say the game is coming to iOS devices, meaning it likely won't be exclusive to the new iPad. Keep an eye on the game's recently launched official site for more updates.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake