One of BioShock Infinite's "Heavy Hitters" has been revealed in a developer diary released by Irrational Games earlier this morning.
One of BioShock Infinite's "Heavy Hitters" has been revealed in a developer diary released by Irrational Games earlier this morning. The Motorized Patriot is the first in a series of four special types of enemies in the game — the similarly mechanized Handyman from the teaser trailer likely being another — which resembles a human-sized doll of George Washington. If that doesn't sound threatening, you should also know that his face looks melted and creepy, and he wields a sizable gatling gun.
Irrational Games' Ken Levine told Joystiq, "We perceived a lack of variety in the enemies in BioShock. There tend to be a lot of Splicers with weapons — that was the primary thing you dealt with — or there were a couple of them with plasmids. And then you had the Big Daddies. We really wanted to broaden out the pool [for BioShock Infinite]." We're all about broadening the pool, until you start throwing wax-faced monsters with demon-possessed Speak & Spell voices into that pool. We don't want to be in that pool any more.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards