One of BioShock Infinite's "Heavy Hitters" has been revealed in a developer diary released by Irrational Games earlier this morning.
One of BioShock Infinite's "Heavy Hitters" has been revealed in a developer diary released by Irrational Games earlier this morning. The Motorized Patriot is the first in a series of four special types of enemies in the game — the similarly mechanized Handyman from the teaser trailer likely being another — which resembles a human-sized doll of George Washington. If that doesn't sound threatening, you should also know that his face looks melted and creepy, and he wields a sizable gatling gun.
Irrational Games' Ken Levine told Joystiq, "We perceived a lack of variety in the enemies in BioShock. There tend to be a lot of Splicers with weapons — that was the primary thing you dealt with — or there were a couple of them with plasmids. And then you had the Big Daddies. We really wanted to broaden out the pool [for BioShock Infinite]." We're all about broadening the pool, until you start throwing wax-faced monsters with demon-possessed Speak & Spell voices into that pool. We don't want to be in that pool any more.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app