Wright fascinated by games that empower users to share creativity
Speaking at the GDC Panel "Forgotten Tales Remembered," Wright says he got an Apple II early in his career, which inspired him with its possibilities. The games he remembers playing that tickled his mind were Choplifter, Flight Simulator and Sundog.
Wright says Choplifter was interesting in that in it you were rescuing people, not killing them.
"I loved the action of this game," Wright said. He was struck by the little people waving their arms, waiting to be rescued.
Flight Simulator he enjoyed because it was a self-contained world with its own rules. Sundog, he says was amazing an huge and reminds him now of grand theft auto.
The big inspiration for Wright, however, was Pinball Construction Set. Wright says that Pinball Construction set showed him that construction could be fun, especially when you can share what you've made with other people.
Wright said the game also inspired him with its minimalist user interface, which inspired him to make his own interfaces in games like Sim City as clean and simple as possible. And to create his own games that, like Budge's, would empower players to translate their creativity into fun.
- +91-9950211818 love marriage specialist baba ji intercast love marriage
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!