Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of an online "Game Heaven" promotion. Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of a one-off video feature series called "PS Vita Game Heaven." Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will make its way to the Vita in 2013, with players able to interact with and use their characters from the PC version across the two platforms.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will launch on the Vita in Japan June 28th, and will come to the west sometime this summer. The video demonstration showed off some of the uses of the Vita's rear touchscreen, such as zooming in and out with binoculars, changing weapons or focusing on different elements during cutscenes.
Some new features in Persona 4: The Golden — a Vita remastering of the original PS2 RPG — were revealed by producer Katsura Hashino. The title, which was given a Japanese launch date of June 14th in a trailer released earlier yesterday, will feature some form of co-op play, though Hashino did not go into specifics.
Gundam Seed Battle Destiny will be released in Japan on June 7th, a bit later than its original late March launch window. There's no word yet on a western release.
Ex-Capcom developer Keiji Inafune teased information on his Vita project, which he teased even more during GDC yesterday. In the video below, Infaune mentions that the game is "amazing," but perhaps more descriptively, "Inafune-like." Robots and zombies, then?
Sony and Kadokawa Games teased a title called Project Discovery, details about which are as scarce as scarce can be. The video below shows that the title will be heavily dependent on user-generated content — other than that, we're totally in the dark. The game's website says Project Discovery is coming soon in 2012.
Finally, a trailer reel showed off even more footage from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Persona 4: The Golden, Gundam Seed Battle Destiny and FIFA Soccer.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game
- See how World of Warcraft's other side lives
- Saints Row developer: 'Sarkeesian is right'
- League of Legends World Championship poised to sell out 45K seat stadium
- State of Decay dev's latest project is like the online Pokémon game you've always wanted
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?