Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of an online "Game Heaven" promotion. Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of a one-off video feature series called "PS Vita Game Heaven." Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will make its way to the Vita in 2013, with players able to interact with and use their characters from the PC version across the two platforms.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will launch on the Vita in Japan June 28th, and will come to the west sometime this summer. The video demonstration showed off some of the uses of the Vita's rear touchscreen, such as zooming in and out with binoculars, changing weapons or focusing on different elements during cutscenes.
Some new features in Persona 4: The Golden — a Vita remastering of the original PS2 RPG — were revealed by producer Katsura Hashino. The title, which was given a Japanese launch date of June 14th in a trailer released earlier yesterday, will feature some form of co-op play, though Hashino did not go into specifics.
Gundam Seed Battle Destiny will be released in Japan on June 7th, a bit later than its original late March launch window. There's no word yet on a western release.
Ex-Capcom developer Keiji Inafune teased information on his Vita project, which he teased even more during GDC yesterday. In the video below, Infaune mentions that the game is "amazing," but perhaps more descriptively, "Inafune-like." Robots and zombies, then?
Sony and Kadokawa Games teased a title called Project Discovery, details about which are as scarce as scarce can be. The video below shows that the title will be heavily dependent on user-generated content — other than that, we're totally in the dark. The game's website says Project Discovery is coming soon in 2012.
Finally, a trailer reel showed off even more footage from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Persona 4: The Golden, Gundam Seed Battle Destiny and FIFA Soccer.
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- BioShock Infinite Elizabeth Noir statue can be pre-ordered for $250
- Tower of Guns - Overview video
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- How Hohokum's 'inspirational playlist' turned into a soundtrack
- Pokémon Honedge created by Man at Arms
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 launches April 17
- Ubisoft Toronto is developing five unannounced projects
- Warlords of Draenor launching this fall, digital pre-orders open
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign