Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of an online "Game Heaven" promotion. Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of a one-off video feature series called "PS Vita Game Heaven." Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will make its way to the Vita in 2013, with players able to interact with and use their characters from the PC version across the two platforms.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will launch on the Vita in Japan June 28th, and will come to the west sometime this summer. The video demonstration showed off some of the uses of the Vita's rear touchscreen, such as zooming in and out with binoculars, changing weapons or focusing on different elements during cutscenes.
Some new features in Persona 4: The Golden — a Vita remastering of the original PS2 RPG — were revealed by producer Katsura Hashino. The title, which was given a Japanese launch date of June 14th in a trailer released earlier yesterday, will feature some form of co-op play, though Hashino did not go into specifics.
Gundam Seed Battle Destiny will be released in Japan on June 7th, a bit later than its original late March launch window. There's no word yet on a western release.
Ex-Capcom developer Keiji Inafune teased information on his Vita project, which he teased even more during GDC yesterday. In the video below, Infaune mentions that the game is "amazing," but perhaps more descriptively, "Inafune-like." Robots and zombies, then?
Sony and Kadokawa Games teased a title called Project Discovery, details about which are as scarce as scarce can be. The video below shows that the title will be heavily dependent on user-generated content — other than that, we're totally in the dark. The game's website says Project Discovery is coming soon in 2012.
Finally, a trailer reel showed off even more footage from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Persona 4: The Golden, Gundam Seed Battle Destiny and FIFA Soccer.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 'the equivalent of four Hollywood movies' says Sledgehammer
- EA Access wants to be Netflix for video games, but it doesn't go far enough
- The industry is trying to resurrect GaymerX, $3,000 at a time
- Animal Crossing chief celebrates greater diversity at Nintendo
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story