Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of an online "Game Heaven" promotion. Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Last night, Sony Japan launched a series of videos demoing and revealing upcoming titles for the PS Vita, as part of a one-off video feature series called "PS Vita Game Heaven." Here's a breakdown of the titles in attendance, alongside their Japanese video counterparts.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will make its way to the Vita in 2013, with players able to interact with and use their characters from the PC version across the two platforms.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will launch on the Vita in Japan June 28th, and will come to the west sometime this summer. The video demonstration showed off some of the uses of the Vita's rear touchscreen, such as zooming in and out with binoculars, changing weapons or focusing on different elements during cutscenes.
Some new features in Persona 4: The Golden — a Vita remastering of the original PS2 RPG — were revealed by producer Katsura Hashino. The title, which was given a Japanese launch date of June 14th in a trailer released earlier yesterday, will feature some form of co-op play, though Hashino did not go into specifics.
Gundam Seed Battle Destiny will be released in Japan on June 7th, a bit later than its original late March launch window. There's no word yet on a western release.
Ex-Capcom developer Keiji Inafune teased information on his Vita project, which he teased even more during GDC yesterday. In the video below, Infaune mentions that the game is "amazing," but perhaps more descriptively, "Inafune-like." Robots and zombies, then?
Sony and Kadokawa Games teased a title called Project Discovery, details about which are as scarce as scarce can be. The video below shows that the title will be heavily dependent on user-generated content — other than that, we're totally in the dark. The game's website says Project Discovery is coming soon in 2012.
Finally, a trailer reel showed off even more footage from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Persona 4: The Golden, Gundam Seed Battle Destiny and FIFA Soccer.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- In loving memory of video games
- Xbox One Kinect available by itself this October for $149.99
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Mega Man X4, X5 coming to PlayStation Store as PSOne Classics
- Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer trailer has four times the upgrade trees
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- Breach & Clear: Deadline is PC exclusive and full of zombies
- GOG.com launching DRM-free film initiative with 20 gaming-focused documentaries
- Forza Horizon 2 offers Xbox One demo on Sept. 16
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9