The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will receive Kinect functionality and a bevy of new user interface changes in a free update scheduled for later this month, Bethesda announced today.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim receives Kinect functionality and a bevy of new user interface changes in a free update scheduled for later this month, Bethesda announced today.
The update will allow Kinect owners to achieve one of the most delightful applications of the device's voice-detection functionality thus far: actual Dragon Shouts. Instead of having to go through a menu to find the Shout that fits your situation at hand, you'll actually be able to activate it by shouting the appropriate words in real life. Assuming, of course, that you've spent some time memorizing fictional, draconic languages. Fus Ro Dah!
Does that sound familiar? This feature was part of Bethesda's "Game Jam" reel shown at DICE 2012, though it was merely a proof of concept at that point, and not a thing we ever assumed would actually happen.
You'll also be able to use your voice to issue Follower commands and navigate menus. The patch also includes additional parameters for sorting your inventory, and gives access to new map functionality. Check out the video below for a preview, and start brushing up on your Dragon-speak.
Update: Bethesda revealed to CNN that the update will be released sometime during the week of April 23.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- OlliOlli now available on PS3 and PS4
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- On Patreon support
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS