The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will receive Kinect functionality and a bevy of new user interface changes in a free update scheduled for later this month, Bethesda announced today.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim receives Kinect functionality and a bevy of new user interface changes in a free update scheduled for later this month, Bethesda announced today.
The update will allow Kinect owners to achieve one of the most delightful applications of the device's voice-detection functionality thus far: actual Dragon Shouts. Instead of having to go through a menu to find the Shout that fits your situation at hand, you'll actually be able to activate it by shouting the appropriate words in real life. Assuming, of course, that you've spent some time memorizing fictional, draconic languages. Fus Ro Dah!
Does that sound familiar? This feature was part of Bethesda's "Game Jam" reel shown at DICE 2012, though it was merely a proof of concept at that point, and not a thing we ever assumed would actually happen.
You'll also be able to use your voice to issue Follower commands and navigate menus. The patch also includes additional parameters for sorting your inventory, and gives access to new map functionality. Check out the video below for a preview, and start brushing up on your Dragon-speak.
Update: Bethesda revealed to CNN that the update will be released sometime during the week of April 23.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here