Who makes the better box art: Japanese or Americans?
Diego Garcia, creator of real world and pixel art mash-up "Class My Ass," has a new Tumblr project. Box vs. Box, a collaboration with illustrator Ashley Davis, pits the Japanese and American box art of classic games against one another in an aesthetic death match.
"I got the idea when I tweeted about how kind of bad the Japanese Streets of Rage 2 cover is," says Garcia. "And then how [much] worse the American one is. Then [NYU Game Center illustrator] Rachel Morris said, 'I wish there was a Tumblr for this!'"
Garcia is a pixel artist by day. He recently developed Ultimate Flirt-off, a game in which a man tries to string together intelligent sentences and win the affection of a young lady before alcohol reduces him to a humiliated, rambling unman.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'