Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 will take place two years after the events of the series' last installment, and features new monsters, gyms and explorable areas.
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 will take place two years after the events of the series' last installment, and features new monsters, gyms and explorable areas according to the latest issue of Japan's CoroCoro magazine.
The magazine, which was picked up and translated by Pokemon fan site Serebii.net, reveals that the title will sport more than 300 monsters to catch — a new high for the series — many of which come from past entries in the series. Though the game is set in Black and White's world of Unova, the player starts off in the heretofore unexplored Hagoichi City, controlling a new male or female main character. Not only are there new regions to discover, but areas from the last game have been drastically changed; much of the original map appears to be completely frozen over.
Check out the game's first trailer below to get a glimpse at Pokemon Black 2 and White 2's decidedly frosty world.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'