Halo 4 hits Nov. 6, Microsoft confirms.
Halo 4 hits Nov. 6, Microsoft announced this morning, confirming The Verge's earlier rumors that the games' fall launch will be "celebrated" tonight on Conan O'Brien's show.
"We are beginning a new saga with Halo 4 and embarking on a journey that will encompass the next decade of Halo games and experiences," said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios. "Millions of fans worldwide have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to step back into the boots of Master Chief, and, with Halo 4 leading the charge, we're confident 2012 will be the most successful year in Xbox history."
Developed by 343 Industries, this will be the first major outing by the Master Chief not developed by Bungie. Bungie's Halo trilogy concluded in 2007, but ended with some unanswered questions about the Master Chief and his AI sidekick Cortana. Halo 4, which Microsoft says will "set a new standard for blockbuster interactive entertainment", takes place four years after the events of Halo 3 and kicks off a new Reclaimer Saga for the series.
Master Chief returns, according to the press release, to "confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe."
Tonight, Conan O'Brien will "help celebrate" the news of the Election Day release of the game with a special segment on his TBS show at 11 p.m. Pacific.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)