Orcs Must Die! 2 gets a sequel this summer that includes cooperative play.
Last year's popular Robot Entertainment tower defense game, Orcs Must Die! gets a sequel on PC this summer, the developers say. And this time you'll be able to play alongside a friend.
The sequel will include cooperative play, new enemies, a redesigned spellbook, more defenses, a new upgrade system and, of course, a brand new campaign that picks up where last year's game ended.
"In 2011, we implored players to kill the orcs," said Robot Entertainment CEO Patrick Hudson. "As many as possible. Yet, only 3.4 billion orcs have been slaughtered to date. The only way we will get to a respectable orc death toll is by adding another killing machine and cooperative play. Bring a friend and destroy the orcs!"
The campaign lets you pick up the story as either a War Mage or a Sorceress as you fight your way through "an army of vile new creatures."
As a bonus, players who own the original Orcs Must Die! on PC will get "exclusive content" in the sequel.
If you're interested, you can also check the game out at PAX East later this week where it will be shown of by the developers at booth 1172.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- How to join Nintendo's roving band of Smash Bros. players at Comic-Con
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today