Gabe Newell talks Valve.
We ran a couple of stories this morning drawn from SevenDayCooldown's wide-ranging interview with Valve head-honcho Gabe Newell in partnership with the podcast.
The nearly hour-long podcast is live now if you're interesting in hearing Newell talk through all of the details of how DOTA 2 will be free-to-play but different. He also chats quite a bit about their upcoming shooter Counter-Strike:Global Offensive, jokes (we think) about Ricochet 2 development and even answers some Half-Life questions.
Before you get too excited, the questions are more about narrative and character development across the series' games. Literature geeks like us love this stuff, but if you're just looking for Half-Life 3 details, don't get your hopes up.
7DCD's Jack Inacker also followed up with us to let us know that following the podcast interview Newell told them that the CS:GO SDK will be in beta in about a week.
Now go, listen, chuckle and stroke your chin thoughtfully.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Grand Theft Auto 5's PC version will get an updated soundtrack
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29