A new video of a machine gun-equipped killer drone hints at a future setting for the next Call of Duty, widely rumored to be Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
One of the 15 teaser videos flickering on the official Call of Duty website now sends viewers to a video showing a "prototype quadrotor with machine gun" in action.
The special effect-spiked video, found over at FPS Russia's YouTube channel, shows what appears to be an AR. Drone Parrot wrapped in camouflage and loaded up with a heavy machine gun, blowing apart mannequins and then blowing up a car when it self-destructs.
FPS Russia is a popular YouTube channel run by Kyle Myers. On the channel Myers portrays Russian Dmitri Potapoff as he shoots things with a variety of weapons on his farm.
At the end of this video, Potapoff says:
'It looks like the future is going to be fun, but if you can't wait another 15 years, my friends are telling me that this baby might just be in the next Call of Duty game which would be the shit."
So it looks like the diminutive future drone will be in the next Call of Duty, set to be unveiled at the beginning of next month. If the game is going to be using technology that isn't due out for another 15 years, we guess that also helps set the timeframe for the shooter as well.
It's also worth noting that among the many keywords found on the YouTube video, linked directly to by the official Call of Duty website, are the phrases: "black ops", "zombie poker party", "tacitus", "t shirt" and "Tacitus t shirt".
Tacitus was a Roman senator and historian who wrote about, among many, many other things, an eclipse. Eclipse is a key word that seems to keep popping up around the marketing for this game. According to NASA, one of the five solar eclipses hitting this year will be on Nov. 13 of this year, one of the rumored release dates for the next game.
Alright, tin foil off. We'll have to wait for the next video reveal to see what tidbits Activision and Treyarch give us.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)