A new video of a machine gun-equipped killer drone hints at a future setting for the next Call of Duty, widely rumored to be Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
One of the 15 teaser videos flickering on the official Call of Duty website now sends viewers to a video showing a "prototype quadrotor with machine gun" in action.
The special effect-spiked video, found over at FPS Russia's YouTube channel, shows what appears to be an AR. Drone Parrot wrapped in camouflage and loaded up with a heavy machine gun, blowing apart mannequins and then blowing up a car when it self-destructs.
FPS Russia is a popular YouTube channel run by Kyle Myers. On the channel Myers portrays Russian Dmitri Potapoff as he shoots things with a variety of weapons on his farm.
At the end of this video, Potapoff says:
'It looks like the future is going to be fun, but if you can't wait another 15 years, my friends are telling me that this baby might just be in the next Call of Duty game which would be the shit."
So it looks like the diminutive future drone will be in the next Call of Duty, set to be unveiled at the beginning of next month. If the game is going to be using technology that isn't due out for another 15 years, we guess that also helps set the timeframe for the shooter as well.
It's also worth noting that among the many keywords found on the YouTube video, linked directly to by the official Call of Duty website, are the phrases: "black ops", "zombie poker party", "tacitus", "t shirt" and "Tacitus t shirt".
Tacitus was a Roman senator and historian who wrote about, among many, many other things, an eclipse. Eclipse is a key word that seems to keep popping up around the marketing for this game. According to NASA, one of the five solar eclipses hitting this year will be on Nov. 13 of this year, one of the rumored release dates for the next game.
Alright, tin foil off. We'll have to wait for the next video reveal to see what tidbits Activision and Treyarch give us.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)