After 35 days, Angry Birds Space has been downloaded 50 million times on mobile devices.
In a press release that will likely surprise just about no one, Rovio has announced that Angry Birds Space has become the fastest-growing mobile game ever released. In 35 days, the game has been downloaded over 50 million times. As a point of comparison, it took OMGPop's Draw Something three-and-a-half months to reach that same number.
In the announcement, Rovio expressed gratitude to the fans of Angry Birds: "While numbers like this certainly say something about the popularity of Angry Birds, for us the main goal is to keep creating fun new experiences that everybody can enjoy!"
The release concluded with a hint at things to come: "Something even bigger is on its way! Stay tuned and keep flinging those Birds!"
It's worth noting that this does not mean that Angry Birds Space is the fastest-selling mobile game of all time. Both the Android and iOS platforms have free version of Angry Birds Space, which undoubtedly makes up a large percentage of the 50 million downloads the game has recieved.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes