After 35 days, Angry Birds Space has been downloaded 50 million times on mobile devices.
In a press release that will likely surprise just about no one, Rovio has announced that Angry Birds Space has become the fastest-growing mobile game ever released. In 35 days, the game has been downloaded over 50 million times. As a point of comparison, it took OMGPop's Draw Something three-and-a-half months to reach that same number.
In the announcement, Rovio expressed gratitude to the fans of Angry Birds: "While numbers like this certainly say something about the popularity of Angry Birds, for us the main goal is to keep creating fun new experiences that everybody can enjoy!"
The release concluded with a hint at things to come: "Something even bigger is on its way! Stay tuned and keep flinging those Birds!"
It's worth noting that this does not mean that Angry Birds Space is the fastest-selling mobile game of all time. Both the Android and iOS platforms have free version of Angry Birds Space, which undoubtedly makes up a large percentage of the 50 million downloads the game has recieved.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta