New Call of Duty: Black Ops II screenshots confirm futuristic setting
New screenshots apparently leaked from the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 confirm a near-future setting for the game.
Japanese website Doope today released three stills believed to come from the much anticipated sequel to Black Ops, including additional shots of the quadrotor drone previously seen in leaked art images earlier in the month and confirmed in a recent video on the game's official website to be futuristic technology.
The video released last month showed an early "prototype quadrotor with machine gun" said to be available in roughly 15 years time, hinting the title will take place in the year 2027.
The CallOfDuty.com website currently contains a short flash sequence in its loading screen stating the title Black Ops 2 in Morse code, Kotaku revealed today. However an official reveal is scheduled for later today during the basketball playoffs on cable channel TNT.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp
- This laser-etched map of Zelda's Hyrule is going to sell out fast
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault