Epic Games releases free 20th anniversary soundtrack
Today Epic Games is celebrating its 20th anniversary by giving away a free 20-track downloadable soundtrack featuring remastered and never-before-heard tunes from its arsenal of games.
The available tracks date all the way back to 1992's Jill of the Jungle up until 2011's Gears of War 3, and includes a bonus track from Gears of War titled Cole Train Rap.
Other games featured in the soundtrack include Unreal Championship 2, Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament 3, Shadow Complex, Unreal Tournament 2004, Tyrian, Gears of War 2, Infinity Blade, Jazz Jackrabbit, Unreal Tournament, Epic Pinball, Infinity Blade II and Unreal.
"The imminent launch of Unreal Engine 4 will herald the next generation of gaming," Epic Games president Mike Capps told Polygon. "And in the next few years, we're hoping to see UE4-powered games everywhere - on new consoles, mobile devices and PCs, all over the world."
Epic Games was founded in 1991 by CEO Tim Sweeney under the name Potomac Computer Systems before eventually changing its name in 1999 to its current title.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Wii U game pre-orders see the largest increase during Gamescom, says Amazon UK