Epic Games releases free 20th anniversary soundtrack
Today Epic Games is celebrating its 20th anniversary by giving away a free 20-track downloadable soundtrack featuring remastered and never-before-heard tunes from its arsenal of games.
The available tracks date all the way back to 1992's Jill of the Jungle up until 2011's Gears of War 3, and includes a bonus track from Gears of War titled Cole Train Rap.
Other games featured in the soundtrack include Unreal Championship 2, Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament 3, Shadow Complex, Unreal Tournament 2004, Tyrian, Gears of War 2, Infinity Blade, Jazz Jackrabbit, Unreal Tournament, Epic Pinball, Infinity Blade II and Unreal.
"The imminent launch of Unreal Engine 4 will herald the next generation of gaming," Epic Games president Mike Capps told Polygon. "And in the next few years, we're hoping to see UE4-powered games everywhere - on new consoles, mobile devices and PCs, all over the world."
Epic Games was founded in 1991 by CEO Tim Sweeney under the name Potomac Computer Systems before eventually changing its name in 1999 to its current title.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'